he Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey was organized May 1, 1894; chartered by the General Society of Colonial Wars, May 8, 1984. FIrst meeting of the Society to receive the charter and to elect officers, May 10, 1894. Incorporated in the State of New Jersey, July 26, 1894. Meeting on this day at the house of his Excellency, General Edward Burd Grubb, Edgewater Park, on the Delaware River, opposite the spot where Washington and Lafayette first met.
The Second General Court was held at Newark, May 10, 1895. Re-incorporated under the Act of February 26, 1895. The Third General Court was held at the "Beechwood" Summit, May 11, 1896. The Fourth General Court was held at the Somerset Inn, Bernardsville, May 10, 1897. The Fifth General Court was held at the Club House of the Morris County Golf Club, Morristown, May 10, 1898.
The first Semi-Annual Court was held at the Elizabeth Town and Country Club, December 3, 1899.